Monday, May 26, 2014

I've learned there is no such thing as a bad area.

Helloooooo!

Just got the call that I have cambios :( Well see where the Lord wants me next! Im grateful for the past 6 months Ive had here in Porvenir. Ive had a lot of great experiences here and have learned so much. I really started getting comfortable, but am willing to go where the Lord wants me to go. 

Ive learned there is no such thing as a bad area. The Lord is always preparing people to hear the gospel. Ive also learned diligence and that hope is never lost. 

We passed an Hermana Estella raking her garbage outside her house and so it was a great service opportunity. We helped her clean up a little then shared a message with her. She said her daughter died and we asked her if she believes in life after death. She said we all go straight to the grave and stay there. It really kind of broke my heart to see her without any hope of seeing her daughter again. We were able to teach her how much Heavenly Father loves her and that he gave us a perfect plan that permits us to return in His presence. It was amazing to see her being open to an eternal perspective. You literally could see a difference in her eyes. 

Its mango season people! I bought a bag of mangos the size of footballs! I later regretted the spontaneous decision because the after effects were not pretty. One of the things I love about Honduras is that literally everyone has some kind of awesome fruit bearing tree. There are mango, avocado, lime, banana, coconut, papaya and so many more fruits ive never seen or heard before on every corner! 

Well next time you hear from me Ill be in a different area! Hope all is well!

Love,
Hermana Sherman
Raking for Hermana Estella

Tony (Santos grandson) made us BLTs! 
Cutest little girl ever!
Hermana Carolinas Baby! When I got here she was still pregnant.

Multi zone conference, eating with the Hermanas


Familia Sanchez
a frog....

Hermana Lopez who is going home Wednesday!!
Farewell with Hermana Lopez who finished her mission and Elder Flores who received his visa for Mexico!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment