Monday, July 7, 2014

Roatan!

This week was probably the craziest of my mission, but it was sooooo good!
Hermana Munoz is all better now which is a major blessing.

ROATAN!!!
We traveled to the beautiful island of Roatan this week to do exchanges with Hermanas Harrison, Morales, Baltazar, and Vasquez. We took a yacht ! This yacht was a little bit bigger than the one we took in Mexico haha. The ride from La Ceiba to Roatan is 2 hours long and it was a bumpy ride. There was a guy running around with plastic bags and napkins. Everyone was throwing up everywhere and it just reminded me of the movie the Goonies when the fat boy was telling his story about when he threw up in the movie theater then everyone started throwing up. Before you get on the boat they give you "motion sickness pills", but pretty sure theyre just sleeping pills, so I just slept the whole time haha. I met a guy with the most beautiful dreads ive ever seen. I asked him how he does them, he told me he just started twisting his hair when he was 4 years old. Almost everyone speaks English, but its funny cause they speak English with a British accent and Spanish grammar. Its all kind of mixed but i could understand for the most part. 

I cant even begin to tell you guys how beautiful it is there! Its an island with a lot of tourism cause its so beautiful. I went on exchanges with Hermana Harrison from Utah and it was a blast. Their area is all along the beach line! Such a temptation, but i didnt do anything to regret. We had a couple really good lessons and they have awesome investigators who have to travel over an hour on foot to get to the church! 

We were planning on doing exchanges with the other set of sisters the next day, but we got a phone call from the APs at 10:30pm saying we had to be in a meeting in La Ceiba the next morning at 9am... and prepare a 20minute presentation for all of the new missionaries and their trainers. Our trip was a little short, but amazing. We took off the next morning at 6am and headed back to La Ceiba where we had our meeting. 

The next day we headed out to OLANCHITO. Its a little far out but I got to do exchanges with Hermanas Ramirez and Zamora in a trio! It was such a blast! Hermana Ramirez is one of my soul sisters on my mission. She came to Honduras with me at the same time and when I was the only North American, she was the only other person who could speak English so i was attached to her hip. They are an awesome companionship and I was blessed to be able to go out with them. They work so hard and are a great example to all the other missionaries in our mission. Hermana Zamora is a convert after 3 years and is the only active member in her family. Her Mom didnt want her to serve a mission and hasnt been writing her. The sisters here are so strong and such great examples to me. 

We finally got back to our area Saturday afternoon and taught the cutest couple. We taught the Plan of Salvation and about temples. They arent married yet, but we taught that they could be married for eternity and showed them a picture of a temple, Eliana immediately said," I want that!" Oh man I love this gospel! I get to have my testimony strengthened by the faithful people here in Honduras. I know with all my heart now that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the only church with the whole truth. Other churches are good and have parts of the truth, but this church is the only one that has the plenitude of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I have learned so much about myself during my time and what I need to do to keep my spiritual and physical tanks full. Im grateful for the order we have during the mission. Ive realized i can do so much more and have a greater capacity when theres order and when we have planned ahead.

Mosiah 4:27

27And see that all these things are done in wisdom and order ; for it is not requisite that a man should run faster than he has strength. And again, it is expedient that he should be diligent, that thereby he might win the prize; therefore, all things must be done in order.

Love,
Hermana Sherman
Roatan
 
Everyone is poor but they have their cable dishes
A man with beautiful dreads
Hermana Harrison!
A couple of sheep entered our stake center

3 comments:

  1. I am new to Roatan from the Westchester 1st ward in Chicago. I am trying t find out where the church is. They don't have addresses here which makes everything very confusing. I live in Sandy Bay, email is michelleboucher1966@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SIster I am from the rama roatan,I dont know if you are here in Roatan yet but,If you are here yet the address of the church is Close from Plaza Mar that is in Coxen Hole You can add me in my fb acount,I am in fb like Joshua Lorenzo Regards,The sesion it is the Sunday at 9 a clock's

      Delete
  2. Hi SIster I am from the rama roatan,I dont know if you are here in Roatan yet but,If you are here yet the address of the church is Close from Plaza Mar that is in Coxen Hole You can add me in my fb acount,I am in fb like Joshua Lorenzo Regards,The sesion it is the Sunday at 9 a clock's

    ReplyDelete