Monday, October 14, 2013

How great shall be your joy...

What a week! Not going to lie, it was a little more challenging with our investigators following through with appointments, but we're just focusing on doing our part. A few weeks back, I talked about a cute old man named Fausto and how he was an answer to our prayers. Well, this week he committed to baptism! He is already almost done reading the Book of Mormon! Oh the joys of being a missionary. This is pure happiness. 
    D&C 18
   15 And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!
  16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!


We had an exterminator come to the house last week and spray down EVERYTHING. He was very liberal with his repellant. He also sprayed down the cracks to a dungeon of our next door neighbor, and immediately hundreds of cockroaches started crawling out! Some were 3 inches long! My companion and our neighbor started stomping on all of them... Ok ok ok my whole life Ive HATED the crunching sound when bugs are squashed. So I basically was in fetal position in the corner, while plugging my ears. I have never seen anything like it. It was the plague all over again. And yet I survived to see another day. 


We have goals every week of how many lessons we want, how many referrals, and how many new investigators throughout the week. Ive always been a little competitive and it was easy for me to get side tracked by our numbers. I finally realized that I need to focus on the people and their needs. After I truly focused on who needed our attention, other than if they were an investigator or an inactive, the numbers automatically came. Its amazing how the Lord fills in everything after we do our part. 


We had interviews with President Klein this week and it was perfect timing for me. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of me because whenever Im having a hard time he always sends someone to help pick me up, especially this week with conference or random phone calls from the sister zone leaders or an interview with President Klein. President Klein remembered when I told him Auntie Chip lives here in Honduras. He asked if I would like to see her. I started bawling. He said he will do everything in his power that I will have the opportunity to see her and if she lives outside of the mission, then we could maybe set up a time where we can meet somewhere and have lunch. What a tender mercy! Im praying that it will all work out because that would make my whole mission! 


Mom sent me a devotional by Elder Bednar about the Character of Christ. It really hit home for me and I am more aware about how many times I turn inward and have self pity, when in reality I need to always be looking outward and help others with their needs. We have the Savior, a perfect example of constantly reaching out towards others even if He was in agony or the one that needed the most attention. Without fail, not once did He have self pity and turn inwards. Im grateful for my Savior and Redeemer. I know He lives and through Him we may be made whole no matter how severe our spiritual or emotion wounds may be. He gave His life for us and lets not let it be in vain. The Church is true!


Ether 12:11-12
      11 Wherefore, by faith was the law of Moses given.  But in the gift of his Son hath God prepared a more excellent way; and it is by faith that it hath been fulfilled.
     12 For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith.
Love,
Hermana Sherman



What I eat everyday



No comments:

Post a Comment