Monday, October 7, 2013

What a fantastic week!

What a FANTASTIC WEEK! Every morning I wake up with thanks and gratitude to my Father in Heaven for everything I have been blessed with. I cannot thank Him enough! Exactly a year ago during conference I had absolutely no intentions on serving a mission, and now I'm in Honduras! I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to better myself and bring others to Christ. There is no better feeling. I am so happy! Yes, this is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life, but I also don't think I've ever been so happy. Its weird how that works. This whole week I was so excited for conference and it didn't let me down. Conference was so fulfilling. My spiritual battery is full and I am so grateful to be a missionary at these exciting times! It feels great to be front and center of this marvelous work! I love how a lot of the talks were on acting. We don't gain a stronger testimony by just watching conference, but by applying what we learned to our lives and learning through our experiences. This is one of the reasons I love being a missionary. I have the opportunity to live and be everything I want to be. I have already learned so much about myself and how I can better help others. Elder Holland said in a devotional that every single blessing he's received has been through the portal of his mission and he will continue to receive blessings for the rest of the eternities. 

I have been teaching hair styling classes for the Relief Society here every week! I'm grateful for the opportunity to share my talents and the women here are so amazing and love to learn. They all work so hard for their families and the few members that are here are strong. Every week the "Rama" which is smaller than a ward, is getting stronger and stronger. We had a movie night and almost everyone came! It was so exciting and boosted our energy for the rest of the week. I've learned that every activity has to be a  well advertised activity. When we show our excitement, the members start getting excited.

Life is good in Honduras. It's nice and toasty! I get plenty of sun that's for sure! I always have my phases of obsessions. At first it was bananas, then I discovered platanos! They are like huge bananas, but fried. I have been eating platanos pretty much everyday and sometimes it's hard to tell what is a platanos or what is just a big banana, but they are the bomb! I'm kinda over my baleada obsession because we eat them everyday, but i found a pulperia that sells AIRHEADS! I have found the pot of gold. The past two weeks we have had our Pday with the zone. Last week, we went on a hike and this week we chilled at the beach. Today our district ate an American FEAST at a members house! I couldn't walk after, but I'm finally able to breathe now. 


We were bringing our investigator Vanessa to English class we have every week. We had about an hour to kill and I was praying for a miracle that we would be able to use our time wisely. I asked Vanessa, who her best friend was. She pointed at a house we were passing at that exact moment. We knocked on the door to invite Vanessa's friend to English class. There are 3 different families that live in the house and we ended up receiving 16 new investigators! We've been teaching them all at the same time the past two weeks and it has been awesome. I have learned the importance of relying on my Savior. I need to do all that I can and He will fill in what I lack. Through Him and His atonement, I am able to turn my weaknesses into strengths. The Church is True! I love you all!

Love,
Hermana Sherman


No comments:

Post a Comment