Monday, November 4, 2013

I love being in Honduras!

Hola Hola!!

We didnt have cambios this week!! Woooohoooo! So Im still currently in Tela with Hermana Tamani! We are way excited, cause we get to work harder and have a baptism set this week with Fausto!! I have a soft spot in my heart for Fausto. He is a cute Grandpa who loves to read! We gave him 3 Liahonas last Sunday and he reads them all day every day along with the Book of Mormon! He now knows the Book of Mormon like the back of his hand. 

Yesterday was Fast Sunday and seemed to be one of the hottest days yet since Ive been here. All day half of the town didnt have power so we were all sitting in an oven during the 3 hours of church. During Sunday school everyone was getting a little slap happy from fasting and I dont even know how hot it was in the room, but we had a young man stand in the corner with a gigantic piece of cardboard fanning everyone. Aside from the heat, the Spirit was still very strong during Fast and Testimony meeting. I love hearing the experiences of the members here with their strong faith, even though they might not have things of the world. I felt the Saviors love for the people here in Tela and know Heavenly Father is aware of His children no matter what part of the world they are at. 

This past week Hermana Tamani and I went over to San Pedro Sula. Its about a 3 hour bus ride from Tela. We needed to see a doctor because Hermana Ts skin has been irritated since the day she got here. We first past by the mission office and President Klein treated us to lunch then to the doctors. I am so grateful to have President and Hermana Klein at the head of this mission. It is so comforting to know President Klein is in tune with the Spirit so that the Lord may direct His work. 

Hermana Tamani is awesome. She is so strong and is hilarious! She has a good sense of humor and we always laugh. which is a huge blessing for me. I Love being a missionary! I love being in Honduras! I love this work! The church is true!!

I love you all!
Hermana Sherman
Doing laundry at a members home
One of the cutest babies in the world!
Sometimes you have to pay to use the bathroom

Everyone has hammocks and they are the greatest invention ever
This is Christopher. He and his 12 year old sister were baptized by themselves, they're awesome
Vanessa

Hermana Doris

Doing a couple of chores
 




A sweet door at a members home
 

No comments:

Post a Comment