Thursday, November 28, 2013

Work of Salvation

Today is Thanksgiving right?? Im not sure since they dont celebrate it here, but our cook made some pretty delicious tacos today! I cant be grateful enough for my calling right now. I am in a beautiful country with beautiful people, serving the Lord. I am especially grateful for the opportunity to learn humility and to make my weaknesses strengths. It hasnt been easy, but it will be worth it to become the person Heavenly Father wants me to be. When we put limitations on ourselves, we put limits on God.

Ether 12:27:


And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

We had a Multi-Zone conference with President Klein last week. One thing he said is that "missionary work" has been changed to the "work of salvation". We have the chance to make an eternal impact in someones life. The reunion with our converts in the next life is going to be such a joyful experience. I love being a missionary because Im constantly reminded to have an eternal perspective. When we remember why we are really here, its  easier to set apart what truly matters away from all the worldly temporary distractions.

You guys are my motivation on my mission. I know theres a ton of blessings headed towards you too. I pray to Heavenly Father every day thanking Him for the family I have been privileged to have during my time here on earth. I love your guts!


Love,
Hermana Sherman

Hermana Klein
Two of the cutest grandmas ever! They are sisters and best friends
Hermana Antonia! She is 93 and a member. She said she felt like the ward and all of her friends forgot about her when we found her.


One night, Hermana Tamani and I sat down for 2 seconds and when we got up there were our back sweat marks on the wall
To change our light bulb I had to stand on a bed with 2 mattress` and a chair.
Progreso Norte zone


Multi-Zone Hermanas


Some of the Honduran beauty
 

No comments:

Post a Comment