Monday, December 2, 2013

This week has been awesome!

This week has been awesome! Everything is nice and calm here in Tela!

One day we were walking to an appointment when we were walking by a man named Julio and started having small talk. He said goodbye and we parted. I felt like we needed to talk to him more and so we stopped and turned around. We started talking to him more about the church and he said that he was taught by LDS missionaries before and really liked all of the lessons, but moved away and his phone broke so he lost all contact. We got all of his information and have an appointment set up with him this week! The same day we were passing by a house that is pretty high up on a rock, and whenever we've passed it, it felt like there was someone there we needed to teach. We tried contacting there a couple times, but no one was ever home. Finally, we passed by and there was a man standing outside and we started talking to him. He lost an arm and has a huge hole in his leg. He has the CRAZIEST background story. We talked a little about the Plan of Salvation and set up an appointment for the next day. When we went to his house the next day, his wife and niece were there too. I tried having a little small talk to break the ice when he said,'' well, are you doing to preach or what?'' I said,"we can definitely do that". So we taught the restoration and the spirit was so strong when we taught the first vision and about how they can find out for themselves through prayer if our message is true. We set another appointment for this week. If we have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost, we cant go astray. Missionary work is impossible without the help of the Holy Ghost and its divine guidance.

One morning, I was boiling water and staring at the bubbling water just spacing out, when I realized that I didnt make my bed. Not even 2 seconds after I walked out of the room, our stove exploded! When I ran back in the kitchen, the stove was on fire. Luckily, no damage was done.  I know that Im definitely being watched over. 


We have cambios (transfers) next week so we shall see where the Lord wants me to be! I am grateful to be a mouthpiece and an instrument in the Lords hands. I love you all!

Love,

Hermana Sherman

We were at a members house and their daughter has a bunch of  My Little Ponies, so i braided all of their hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment