Monday, March 31, 2014

"And I was led by the Spirit..."

Hi!!!

Yes Im alive! I am allll better now, thank you for your prayers. Im blessed to have made it this far without getting sick and luckily it was only for a couple days. Oh man this week! I feel like I'm learning SO much every day! Cant believe how fast time is flying by and its already conference again this week! I pray we may be able to prepare to hear the words of our dear Prophet and his disciples and apply them to our everyday lives.


In our area we always pass a certain house where a ton of people are always hanging out. I always felt a little intimidated to try to contact the house when there were 15 plus people there. We passed by one day and there was only one Hermana hanging out in her hammock, so we took the opportunity to talk to her. She invited us in and we started teaching. Soon another sister came out and started listening, then another, then the Mom and eventually the Dad came home from work and began to listen. Little by little, we ended the lesson with 12 plus people listening to us. To start the lesson I had no idea whether to teach the Plan of Salvation, or the Restoration of the Gospel. I said a prayer to myself and just started talking. It eventually led into the Plan of Salvation which was perfect because we didn't know the entire family would end up listening to us. At the end of the lesson, everyone kept asking really good questions about life after death and we wanted to answer all of their questions and it was so hard to cut off the lesson, but we set an appointment for the next day and finished answering everyone's questions. Sometimes we just have to take a step into the darkness and follow the spirit. 


1 Nephi 4:6

And I was aled by the Spirit, not bknowing beforehand the things which I should do.

Ive learned this and how crucial it is to follow the spirit during our lessons, because Heavenly Father knows His children more than we do and can direct us to the needs of our investigators. Ive also learned that the spirit cant influence you if youre just sitting there. You always need to be pressing forward. 


On Saturday we had a Book of Mormon Marathon activity with the ward. We read and listened to the Book of Mormon ALL day! We tried to finish the whole thing but that didn't really happen, but the important thing is that the members had the chance to read the Book of Mormon. President and Hermana stopped by for a little bit too. I thought it was a success. 


I know I always talk about Santos but he is just so amazing. We got to church and he was standing outside just staring intently at the street. He was waiting for our investigator Roberto who we found in a cafe in La Lima. Eventually Roberto showed up and Santos was at his side helping and answering all of his questions during church. I just love him! The other day he also said,"I may be poor and only eat rice and beans every day, but I have everything because I have peace in my life through the church."


We finally got water in our house after 11 days without it. Then the next day a guy came and cut our power... its a long story but it wasn't our fault. So we didn't have power for 2 nights. It was rough just 2 nights without our lights. We eventually got it all figured out. A couple days later I saw a picture of Christ preaching in the spirit world. Everyone was in the dark and the only light was around Christ. I then realized if I could barely survive 2 nights without lights how I would feel an eternity without it. I am so grateful for the light of Christ I have in my life. I want to live with Him and my Father in Heaven surrounded by their lights and love in Celestial glory for eternity. But not alone, with my family too. And I know we can make it, we just have to work a little harder together and endure. I know Heavenly Father wants us to enjoy all of the blessings He has, thats why he gave us a perfect plan to achieve them. I know that only through our Savior and Redeemer its possible. 


Love,
Hermana Sherman
Moran family, just one of the sisters from the house we contacted this week

Hermana Morales completed a month of her mission, so we celebrated with a tres leches!

A couple of sisters in the ward
Book of Mormon Marathon

Santos!

Hermana Enma (investigator) came to church!

Our Zone

Hermanas of the Pineda Zone!
Animalitos!
Geckos are EVERYWHERE! They churp really loud. They arent as cute here as the one in the Geico commercials.
We found another scorpion

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the pics you post! I'm the madre of elder Bray:) you are awesome! I'll pray for no more scorpions:(

    ReplyDelete