Monday, June 9, 2014

mondongo 2

This week we went on exchanges and I worked with Hermana De Leon. She is from Guatemala and we are the same person. It was a blast! Their area is on top of a mountain, but absolutely gorgeous! The view was amazing and you could see the beach which is about 5 minutes away. Hermana De Leon said they just need to find new investigators so we did a lot of contacting. We found two families! One family of 8 and were really receptive! Hermana De Leon is an awesome missionary and I felt like I was learning more from her than she was from me! Im so excited for all the exchanges this transfer! 

We went over to eat at a members house who lives right on the beach and has the biggest mango tree ever! We ate lunch with 4 other missionaries and it was sopa de mondongo.... The cow intestine soup again. This time i couldnt get half of it down and had to switch bowls with Hermana Calpa who I was sitting next to me. She saved my life and finished it for me. Im praying that was the last time i have to eat cow intestines for the rest of my life. I tried being positive about it, but obviously need to work on that. 

We found two old men who speak English, they are hilarious. As we were teaching one of them whose name is Ulum, a teenager passed by and was staring at us. He passed by again and asked if we were Elders and teach about Joseph Smith. His name is Danny and he is a 14 year old who attended church in another ward for 2 years, but never got baptized because he moved here. It was a miracle we found him!

 We have a lot of investigators that are progressing and are awesome! Im learning so much and am grateful for being able to work in this area with such strong members. In my other areas it was so hard getting one investigator to accompany us with just one lesson per day and here we sometimes have 3 members in the same lesson. It makes the world of a difference to have supportive members in the ward. I also noticed here in honduras the youth go out with the missionaries a ton. I never even thought about leaving with the missionaries when I was a youth, but it is a great way to prepare for a mission.

Im starting to wish time would slow down now cause every week goes by so fast and its such a blur! I love being a missionary and love seeing the change the gospel can bring in the lives of Heavenly Fathers children. I love you all and pray for you!

Love,
Hermana Sherman
View from our apartment window
Eating mangos with the sisters in El Iman
Doing an exercise video bright and early

Visit with Hermana Morlasco. She is blind and takes care of her 4 year old grandson all by herself
Preparing for my last English class in Porvenir

Family of Eblin Lobo in Porvenir, they gave me a farewell party       
Last picture with Zona Pineda!!
Hermana Rosa Rodriguez whom I love dearly


No comments:

Post a Comment