Wednesday, July 3, 2013

One week down!

Where to begin? I am sooooo HAPPY! Seriously I am. The CCM is smaller than I expected, there's only around 150 people! Im the only one going to the San Pedro Sula Mission but  there's a couple Hermanas going to the Tegucigalpa mission. Hopefully I'll get to travel with them to the mission. My district is the best! There is my companion Hermana Hoffmanner and I, and 7 Elders! We are like a family and laugh a ton. All of the Elders are 18 or 19 so I was a little curious at first how it was going to be but they are all spiritually so mature and great examples to me! There is a spirit here that is UNBELIEVABLE. When the whole CCM sings its so powerful and I'm grateful to be a part of this work!


 The second day we got here we had to teach a lesson to an investigator! His name is Daniel and it was in English so it was really easy and the spirit was so strong. Hermana Hoffmanner and I were so pumped after, we were ready to convert the world! Then on the 3rd day we were here we had to teach in Spanish! It was pretty crazy. That lesson didn't go so good just because we didn't have very much time to prepare. I learned that you HAVE to have a lesson plan to fall back on. We have taught Daniel everyday and he is progressing so well! My district takes turns teaching everyday so he progresses really fast! On Monday we committed him to baptism! It was so exciting. Our whole district had a private dance party for 5 seconds. We teach an investigator everyday except Sundays so we get lots of practice :) 


We got to go to the temple on Thursday for the first time as a missionary! I was the first one into the celestrial room and it was like hitting a wall. The spirit was so strong. I immediately knew my Heavenly Father loves me and knows exactly who I am. I know I'm right where I need to be and that this experience would change my life forever. I was overcome with compassion and love, I will never forget that. The temple is closed for the next two weeks so I'm kinda bummed about that but at least I'll get to go a couple more times!


The Latinos here are pure comedy. I have 5 Latino roommates and they are so funny! All of the workers and teachers here are the best. I laugh a lot! They are all so warm and welcoming its fantastic. Last night I found a cockroach in my bed and one of my latina roommates just casually picked it up and smashed it. I laughed so hard, half from embarrassment cause I screamed like a little girl.


Ok i just need to say... The food here is HEAVEN!! GOURMET! Seriously. On the first day I arrived here, I discovered this mango juice.... I drank 3 bottles that day and they aren't small bottles. Anyway, I found out that's no bueno but at least I got a lot closer with my companion... Haha We had bbq ribs the other day and fettuccine alfredo and the best tacos in the world, I have to work it off during our deportes (sports) We get an hour a day to exercise and play volleyball or basketball. Volleyball gets pretty intense and I was surprised at how many good players there are here.


I love all of you so much! The church is true! Here are some awesome quotes I heard this week!

"Sometimes Christ will let us sink so low that we will hit rock bottom, just to show us that He is the rock"


"Of all the titles of respect, honor and admiration that are given to Deity, He has asked us to address Him as Father"

Love,
Hermana Sherman


P.S Right when we got here they had to take away our cameras and mp3 players because there is a stealing problem! It's all good cause we will get it for P day in a couple weeks when we go to the market. So sorry there's no pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment