Monday, January 6, 2014

Witnessing the miracle of conversion...

New Years started with a 10 minute party with Hermana Alcequiez and I and the glow sticks Mom sent me, then went to bed with our earplugs cause we were exhausted. The next day the streets were filled with newspaper. All of the fireworks here are handmade bombs and are pretty sketchy. Its pretty concerning when you see 5 year olds running around with matches and homemade bombs.

We had a service project for a family in the ward on Friday with our whole zone. They have a huge field and we cut their grass with machetes. It was pretty fun and I got to learn how to use a machete. Its hard work. I could barely move my body the next day, but it was good exercise. 


Santos was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday! After his baptism, he was asked to bear his testimony. He bore the sweetest, purest testimony, and started to weep. That was the happiest moment of my mission so far and a tender mercy from the Lord to be able to witness the miracle of conversion. I have been so blessed to have been given the opportunity to meet Santos.


Carolina couldnt get baptized cause she had her baby two days before! A beautiful baby boy and we are looking forward to her baptism soon too!

I love being a missionary. I love Honduras and the culture. I love learning more about the gospel every day. I love the challenges and the experiences of my mission and will cherish them forever. 


Love,
Hermana Sherman

Hermano Santos!
Zone service project
Sharpening the machetes
 

Cutting grass Honduras style


 
New Years 2014!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment