Monday, December 30, 2013

Feliz Año Nuevo!‏

Hoiiiii!
Wow quite the week!! It was so good talking to you guys and seeing your beautful faces and my companion enjoyed seeing Janaes battle wounds... Bahahaha 

I definitely will never forget this Christmas. I prayed a lot for strength as I talked to the family and felt a little extra strength from the Lord. I have never eaten so much food before in my life. On Christmas eve we had 5 dinner appointments. At our last dinner appointment, which was the most food, I almost started crying after the second bite, then said a prayer and all was good! The members were so warm in opening their homes for us and showed us the meaning of service. We tried going to all of our visits on Christmas, but kinda had to recoop from all the tamales from the day before. FIREWORKS. I guess they are pretty big for Christmas and on Christmas Eve people party ALL night long until Christmas morning with fireworks, There were a couple mini bombs that went off at 3 in the morning and our entire house shook. Cant wait to see what new years eve is going to be like!

If all goes well, we will have 2 baptisms this week with Hermano Santos (which I dont think there is a more perfect investigator) and Hermana Caroline! Hermana Caroline has a special place in my heart. She is 9 months pregnant and has a 4 year old boy with more energy than 5 kids put together. She is such a hard worker and so strong. We passed her house one day as she was bent over cutting her weeds with a machete 9 months pregnant. I had the opportunity to learn how to use a machete and I felt pretty cool. She goes to church by with her son every week and feeds Hermana Alcequiez and I every thursday. When we asked if she wanted to be baptized she asked if she could be baptized the next day. She has had some problems with her husband, but is the perfect example of a strong, caring mother.

The Lord is keeping me on my toes with a call to give a 10 minute talk 5 minutes before we left for church, but Im learning how to be flexible on the mission.
New years!!
Crazy to think I´ll be here in Honduras for this next year, but Im excited! Ive learned on my mission that when we set goals we are showing our faith. We need to make goals to be aware of where we're at in life and where we are going. Only through the Savior. do we have the opportunity to become better, but we need to be humble. Also to realize that no one is perfect, but because of the Lord and his eternal sacrifice, we can have hope.

Ether 12:27
 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.


I love you guys!
Hermana Sherman
A family of frogs at the house. Everyone here is super scared of them for some reason.


This is my friend Johnny Lingo. He gave me my first coconut here! People are always selling the juice inside called aqua coco and I finally got to taste it! It didnt really taste like anything, but I felt cool drinking from a coconut

Porvenir


All of the Young men were selling tamales in order to go to EFY

Hermano Santos!

Hermano Santos has a huge Santa in his front yard

We had a Preparation day with our Zone and we made Gingerbread houses!
 

The famous Church in San Pedro Sula

During our zone pday we also had a white elephant gift exchange. It got pretty intense and was the funniest thing of my life!

We combined with another zone for a lunch on Christmas Eve
Tamales!!!

One of our dinner appointments for Christmas with investigators

Skyping with the family

This picture is better of the transportation in the mini van. Sometimes they have another layer of humans hanging out of the vans.

A moto Taxi! They are everywhere here
 


No comments:

Post a Comment