Sunday, August 24, 2014

You can't have faith in Jesus Christ, if you dont know who He is...

Today we have a little time to write, so thought I'd write a little more. 

We went to San Pedro Sula to pick up the new missionaries at the airport and than got to hang out with them all day on Tuesday as we gave orientations. Today we had the transfer meeting, which is always fun and exciting to see everyone, and where they're going for the next 6 weeks of their lives. We got 3 of the new sisters that just arrived in our area, so we´ll be able to do exchanges with them this transfer. Im so excited cause they are all so awesome! The past couple days Hermana Bennet and I have been a little slap happy, which makes everything more interesting. I have been finding everything funny and cant seem to stop laughing at the littlest things. Ive laughed so hard Ive cried so many times and over the dumbest things. 


We found a bag of cool ranch doritos for the first time since ive been here in Honduras and we bought them. We then realized the expiration date was in 2009...we ate them anyway and they tasted just as good. 

Last week while working, we definitely learned how important it is teaching through the Spirit. I remember being in a lesson and the Spirit was not there. It seemed like we were talking nonsense. We were trying to talk, but it wasnt going anywhere. Its amazing to feel the difference when our investigators truly have a desire to learn and the Spirit is there, or when it seems like we are just talking to ourselves. I realized how much the Spirit has helped me as a missionary, you literally cant teach without it. When the Spirit is there, it just carries the conversation for us, everything that we need to say just comes to our minds and we just have to open our mouths. So many times scriptures that i had no idea i had memorized just come to my mind at the right moments. Ive also learned that the Spirit cant bring something to your mind that you havent studied before, just like you cant have faith in Jesus Christ if you dont know who He is and what He did for us.


D&C 11:21

Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word , and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my Spirit and my word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of men. 

D&C 84:85

Neither take ye thought beforehand what ye shall say; but treasure up in your minds continually the words of life, and it shall be given you in the very hour that portion that shall be meted unto every man. 


I have been able to rely on my Heavenly Father more than I have done so before in my life. He will not let us down. He does hear and answer prayers in the timing which is best for us. I know ALL sin can be forgiven through the Savior and Redeemer of the world. There isnt a burden so heavy or a trial so painful that Christ hasnt already felt. If we rely on Him, He will make our burdens light. I know the Book of Mormon has power just by opening it. It is the keystone of our religion and I know it to be the word of God. I pray for you guys every day that you may also continue to strengthen your testimonies every day. After being here in Honduras, I realized how close the second coming is. We dont know how much time we have left and I sure dont want regrets. I know our family may be together forever, and pray that we may achieve this sacred goal individually and as a family. Please remember your great worth and potential.


Love,
Lani

No comments:

Post a Comment