Monday, December 23, 2013

Feliz Navidad!‏

I cant even believe its Christmas this week! Its a lot different having a hot Christmas. This past week was so gooooood!! Our perfect investigator Santos easily accepted his baptismal date and is preparing for the 4th of January! He has definitely been prepared and its so easy teaching him. He comes to everything we invite him to and always keeps his commitments. What better investigator could a missionary ask for! Its a testimony to me that the field is white ready to be harvested. We just have to be ready and willing to listen to the Spirit when it sends a prompting our way.
I was moving our 100 plants of aloe vera, when I noticed something big and black crawling out of the pot. It was dark and all I knew was that I did not like the way it crawled. I responsibly let out a yell of excitement and called out to my companion. Yes, it was a tarantula. Yes,it was big and fuzzy and yes, we lost it and now it is crawling around our house somewhere.

We had a Christmas party as a ward last week and one of the other sisters' investigator sang and was amazing! Ward functions definitely are different here. Everyone likes to talk a lot during everything. But,we had success with 4 of our investigators showing up and they said they had a blast! Today we also had a preparation day with our Zone, then I had to go to San Pedro Sula for some immigration stuff and saw the famous church building thats all over google when you search San Pedro Sula.
This year I feel a lot closer to the Lord. I can truly focus on my relationship with Him. I know that my Redeemer and Savior lives. He is my light and through His perfect example and teachings in the scriptures, I have hope to be a little more like Him every day. He knows us personally and through Him we can have all of our pains and afflictions taken away. I know this to be true. I love you all and hope that everyone can feel the Spirit of Christmas.
Love,
Hermana Sherman



new mode of transportation...amazing how many can fit in a mini, mini van!

No comments:

Post a Comment